Friday 12 December 2014

Darwin awards and men

Okay, originally I was going to title this post as "Men are Idiots" but prudence prevailed.
Darwin awards are given to those human beings who improve our species by removing themselves from the gene pool (The Supreme Sacrifice, if you will).
The Christmas edition of British Medical Journal this year carries a study about sex difference in idiotic risk behaviour. The results are unsurprising . It is just as we have always suspected. Males are significantly more likely to receive the Darwin awards than females. As the report in Science says: "We now have scientific evidence that men are idiots."
Post Script:
I was going to write about the latest Rajnikanth movie. No, I have not seen it and I will never see it. Is it only me who is nauseated with the idea of a 60+ man romancing a girl about his daughter's age? All the newspapers are carrying reviews but no one seems to be bothered by this romance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment