Tuesday 24 November 2015

Banana -chocolate chip cake with peanut butter icing

It all started with an article on NDTV site extolling the virtues of peanut butter. In the end there was a recipe for banana peanut butter cake.  I love peanut butter but I do not trust the recipes from this website because there always seems to be something not quite right about them.  And yet, I could feel the taste of the cake and I knew I had to make it.
I looked up quite a few of the recipes on the internet and then fell on to my tried and trusted banana cake recipe.  I added broken chocolate bar (Dark Chocolate from Amul) as substitute for chocolate chips.
The frosting turned out to be a challenge. I knew I had to beat butter and peanut butter together to create the frosting but I was too lazy to do the beating by hand as I do not have a mixer.  Then I found the icing recipe at this website.  The icing turned out to be little too thin but that was okay because the cake soaked it all up and became soft and moistened.
The next day morning I took 75% of the cake to the lab and gave the remaining to Sumitra for her two boys.
The day was busy as we had a new project trainee (my Ph.D. student, Popy, who is now teaching in Bangalore, sent me her M.Sc student for training) and then there were interviews for the direct Ph.D.  In the whole rush I forgot to inform my students that I had made a cake for them.  But, no problems! When I rushed in around 1pm to tell them about, the cake had been found and consumed.  They assured me that it was good.  And today morning, Sumitra told me that her children had loved it and they had said thanks.  
This is a cake I would love to make again though this time probably with a good thick frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment