Friday 16 January 2015

Jugnu Bread (Zucchini Bread)

Last year when I got my oven I made zucchini bread and gave it to Sumitra, my maid. She loved it. Unfortunately, she could not pronounce zucchini and called it jugnu bread. So Jugnu Bread it is.
I made it yesterday for the lab meeting today.  The recipe is from allrecipes site. As I love to experiment (and drive my students crazy  by coming up with new experiments just when they are heaving a sigh of relief of getting their thesis done) I made some changes. I replaced the 3 cups of flour with part maida and part atta.  The 2 cups of white sugar was replaced with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup jaggery.  Oh, the zucchini was replaced with a mix of zucchini and carrot.
Since many of my students do not eat eggs, the 3 eggs were replaced with 3 mashed bananas.
Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment