Tuesday 18 November 2014

Dal with mooli/radish leaves

On the way back from Kosi Kalan on Sunday, we stopped at Ballabhgarh market as both my aunt and I had to buy vegetables and fruits.  We went slightly berserk at the sight of fresh vegetables and only the fact that darkness had set in stopped us from going on a rampage. As it ended up I purchased mooli.  I made mooli parantha and then not wanting to waste the leaves, I decided to make a dal.  I had some mixed dal which I soaked overnight (this I realized is absolutely needed otherwise the dal does not get tender) and pressured cooked it till it was mashable. I heated the oil and added cumin seeds and 1 chopped onion. Then seeing ginger on the counter top, I added little bit of it. Once the onions were tender, I added tomatoes and stirred till they started becoming tender. Meantime, I sorted the radish leaves and washed them. They were also chopped and added to the onion-tomato mix.  The leaves immediately wilted and once they were done, the cooked dal and salt was added.  For spice, I added the sambar powder and the dal was done. It tasted really good. I had it with a rice dish given to me by a colleague.





Currently I am attempting  to make eggless banana bread once more. Let us see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment