Friday 3 October 2014

Swacch Bharat

With great fanfare Mr. Modi and his ministers inaugurated Swacch Bharat movement yesterday. Today it is Dusshera. The good conquers the evil (I have great many problems with the Ramayana but I will go with the general tone). Crackers have to be burst to celebrate it. Cleaning? Ah!
This is the state in which our park was left after crackers were duly cracked by some of the residents (four boys on motorbike swooped in, burst the crackers, and swooped out despite my telling them that they have to clean it up) of the university. They assured me that it would get cleaned up automatically.


Symbolisms are fine (and I loved the way Mr. Modi has in one stroke rendered both Congress and AAP completely rudderless) but to make our country clean each one of us has to participate and understand. We have to teach our children that littering is simply not okay and that to pick up the litter is not derogatory. Meantime, I am wondering how the litter will get cleaned up automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment