Friday 15 August 2014

Palak Dal

Yesterday I cut the first spinach crop. I planted it in June and went to Chennai for a break. When I came back all the saplings had dried up. Nanku Ram said that the heat had been too much for it and we will now have to wait for the rains before attempting anything more on this front. But when the first rain came the plants too sprang back into life. A fact we discovered while weeding that area. Here they are after the rains:
And my first batch harvested and washed:
Nanku  Ram told me to put it in the dal. So I made palak dal today using toovar dal. I got the recipe from Hare Rama Hare Krsna cook book. It called for tomatoes but I eliminated it.  I just did a tadka with cumin seeds and sambar powder. Finally I added some lemon juice. The recipe does not call for sambar powder but I told you I improvise depending on my mood.
Meantime, we uprooted the bhindi plants after harvesting the last crop. I thought I would never say it but I do not want to see bhindi for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment