Saturday 26 March 2016

Dahlias from my garden

Spring is officially over.  Officially because we had such a wishy-washy winter this year.  The petunias, pansies, nastritiums and the brachyscomes did bloom but the narcisscus gave up half way through and the tulips and daffodils did a no show.  The dahlias bloomed and as Holi was over and the heat has started ratcheting up, we cut the remaining dahlias. Nanku Ram handed them over to me saying I better put it in a jar. 


The removal of the dahlias has given a new lease to the bhindi plants. We hope to have plenty of okra this summer.
The campus, as usual, looks pretty with the bougainvilla flowering everywhere.



This summer I have done away with zinnias. Instead I have planted sunflowers and today I told Nanku Ram to get Gerberas. Nanku Ram, though, is more keen on vegetables. So he has planted tori, bitter gourd, ghiya, chillis, tomatoes, spinach, amaranth, and brinjals in addition to okra. Let us see what comes up this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment