Thursday 7 September 2023

Long stitch Anchor kits

I have been explaining to my friend's daughter how important it is to have hobbies while doing Ph.D.  Experiments never work at the first shot.  Sometimes it does not work even after many repeats.  It can be very frustrating especially when you cannot really figure out what is going wrong.  The PI, including me, are never of the patient sort. They demand data.  Often times, when they demand data or project report, they want it, like, yesterday.

The only way to deal with these frustrations is to develop other interests.  Hobbies become very important stress busters.  

I do lots of cross stitch, crochet, knitting.  

Last year, when I was in a slump dealing with so many Covid related deaths, my sister-in-law handed me an unfinished piece of embroidery.  Her advice was that I should do it because I loved doing it.  It will help me, she said.

Well, it took me a year.  I finally finished the piece of embroidery and it did help me through the tough time. 

The kit that my sister-in-law gave me was from Anchor India.  This is the fourth piece that I have completed.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment