Saturday 20 January 2018

Scones and such like things

I watch the Great British Bake-off regularly. The range of bakes that the participants are required to know is just amazing and as for their showstopper bakes- I know I can never get to that level.  I love to cook and bake but I do not have the patience to work on  decorating cakes for  hours together. 
The thing about watching this show is that I too itch to bake so for the past few months I have been baking cookies and brownies and learnt to bake scones.
Scones are my new favourite because they hardly have any sugar.  And I found a low-fat version that I made today.  Instead of using maida, I used a mix of Ragi flour, atta, oats, and maida in equal measure.  I added cranberries, orange peel, and chocolate pieces.  I had it with orange marmalade that I made yesterday. 
The chrysanthemums are the last of the season.  They were the only bright spot in the garden this year.  The rest of the winter stuff- vegetables and flowers- were pulverized and eaten up by various birds and animals. No amount of fence was proof against their determination. For the first time I purchased dahlia plants for the garden for after all a garden must have some colour before the summer drains them out totally.

1 comment: