Friday 7 August 2015

Pear-chocolate muffins

For the past one week I have been feeling the taste of pears and chocolate.  And I knew I had to make some thing that contained both of them.  I first thought I would make a cake but later settled for muffins. The muffin recipe presented by Vegan Dad is wonderful as it can be adapted so easily to different combinations and permutations.
So I used the basic recipe -2 cups flour (1 cup flour and 1 cup oats), 1 cup milk, 1/2 sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar), 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup oil. For spices I just added ginger powder (again I simply felt the combination of pears and ginger would be fantastic).  For fruits I added chopped pears and pomegranate seeds.  Since walnuts were handy, I added a handful of chopped walnuts.  The mix was poured into muffin tins and topped with a square of dark chocolate ( I used Schogetten Dark Chocolate which fortunately was already in ready-made squares sparing me the job of chopping them into perfect squares).



2 comments: