Wednesday 18 February 2015

Craving for muffins- Lemon-Coconut muffin

I have been going to the Monday market Vasant Kunj for vegetables with my upstairs neighbours.  Last week was a disaster as I forgot to take my purse (it has happened many times and I have not figured out how I manage this part. Probably the same way I discovered I had put money in the fridge along with milk and butter I had purchased).  This week I made sure that the purse was in my bag before I left the house.
The fist thing I saw was big fresh lemons and I decided that I would make either lemon cake or lemon something.
Yesterday it crystallized. I wanted lemon muffins.  I looked through sites in the Internet before finalizing on one. The recipe called for one egg. I debated what to replace the egg with. I had bananas but I wanted only the lemon and coconut flavor.  Adding bananas always results in subtle or overt banana flavour depending on how much one has added. The other option was yogurt but the recipe already had 1 cup of yogurt. Finally I decided to wing it. If the batter was too dry, I would add some liquid.
This morning I made them.  I completely omitted the eggs. The 1 and 3/4 cup flour was replaced with mix of maida, oats and atta as I did not have enough flour.  As the yogurt was too thick, I added little milk.  Here they are:



I had one for breakfast along with ragi idly.  It was a satisfying meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment